Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Oh, stuff. I love you.

As with clothing and shoes, there are loads of kitchen items I covet:

KitchenAid 12-Cup Food Processor

KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer

Weber Grill

All-Clad Roasting Pan

Le Creuset Round Dutch Oven

... the list goes on.

However, what I DO have and could not go without is (hold your tongue, haters) my Rachael Ray knives by Furi:



This apartment-warming gift from my Dad was a set of two (7-inch and 5-inch, I believe) in a custom bamboo case. They've held up quite well, though they dulled a bit after a year or so. Matt bought me the special sharpener and it does a pretty good job (though I remain convinced I'm using it incorrectly ... the thing is crazy).

I love these knives and use them every day. Paired with a plastic cutting board, there's no stopping them. Just remember: the safest knife is a sharp knife.

- M

3 comments:

  1. I also covet kitchen stuff, like, non-stop. When Ian bought me my Kitchen Aid Artisan Stand Mixer for Christmas I cried. (How did I end up with the world's best roommate/friend? I don't know . . )
    And I feel you on the 12 cup KA food processor (oh, to not have to do stuff in batches!) and the Le Creuset (even though I have a perfectly nice cast iron dutch oven that I love.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you and Rachel on this one -- and covet just about everything for the kitchen. I also am dying to upgrade my 'mini food processor' to the KA 12 cup, and the le Creuset has been on my list for ages (I seriously want to make that rustic crusty bread in it -- SERIOUSLY).

    ReplyDelete
  3. So apparently I never selected the "notify me via email when someone comments on my blog" option and I had no idea you guys have been posting! Thank you SO much for reading! :)

    ReplyDelete